wavefire - limited all wavefire - limited all

Really digging that guitar synth that comes in at like 2.58! like loads, what vst is it?

Entire track has a great feel tbh really enjoyable.

only snag would be the drums although at the start they sound amazing as the song progresses they feel weak against instruments, maybe use one of them "phat" 8th note House kicks underneath later on? great track though dude well done.

AntiTone - My World [creator contest winner] AntiTone - My World [creator contest winner]

Beautiful composition man, Drums are sounding really original too

EnNinja responds:

Thanks m8 :3

Monody (feat. Laura Brehm) STEMS Monody (feat. Laura Brehm) STEMS

Great vocals and the FX are beautifully balanced! Not to intense where they make the vocals to breathy but just enough to give such a great space. What Key is it in? apologies if its stated somewhere! haven't seen tho

It's You It's You

Not really a fan of this sort of music but i do dig it and can see what you've done. Percussional elements drive the song along really well at a good pace whilst the bassline grooves it along nicely, well played. This is actually more likeable to me than the shit you get on the radio, it's more filled out, quite a few elements all kicking of all complimenting each other really well.

You used the vocals samples sparingly but it's made them more effective in my opinion so good job.

Don't really have any beef with anything in this personally. As a "suggestion" though i'd recommend transposing the vocals down by -5 or -12 or something if you want to give it a more Soul feel or element to it!

awesome work dude!

R4R?

CiMba - Old Toby CiMba - Old Toby

Realllllly funky dubstep going on here (good thing). The drop has such an awesome groove and although the "yug yug" synth is heavily over used in dub step you've put a nice creative twist on it making it original so great work there!

My snag is to do with "Beefing" up & having a cleaner splashier snare as it disappears a bit now and then. Bass made my speakers go mental though, great job dude!

R4R?

Control Control

Fuccck! this is so good! Love the start got a real city vibe to it. Filters are all really well timed and used effectively. Progression, melodies & samples are all absolutely bang on!

Great depth used with ambient sounds. Percussion sounds create an awesome groove without taking the shine away from the melody. Kick drum is lovely and round and fits the song perfectly!

Seriously, if i could give this another star i would, astonishing track!

Ces Bon (Demo) Ces Bon (Demo)

Pretty cool if used in someform of game, got a good rythem to it and the wobble is pretty unique.

I've only listened on iphone headphones but would recommend you compress the drums with some stronger side-chaining to make the drums punch through.

Good stuff though in a short space of time :).

Phone home (FR) Phone home (FR)

Some mixdowns problems but i'll get to that in a bit.

You've got a really creative flare & your melodies are good!

The problem is that because the mixdown isn't quite there yet the melodies suffer with sounding a bit thin and lack energy, Eqing and compression are your friends here.

I think generally better quality drum samples will make a big difference here too!

Sub-bass into mono please, sidechained heavily to the drums then bring up the overall volume of the bass will give loooooads more energy in my opinion.

Very euphoric track though with lots of creativity! Followed :)

Acid Rain Acid Rain

Hey dude

Around 1.10 mark theres a really nice melody kicking off but the auto-pan effect is a little distracting from the melody (in my opinion) stop the auto-pan effect on the actual synth but use it on a simple delay effect on the synth, will make it sound a lot wider & we will be able to hear that nice melody & make it "phatter".

Really nice track don't be so harsh on your self with the "mediocre" description dude. Just one to two mix down tweaks and i'd give it a 5 star :)

Came here from R4R thread

Drewpy responds:

Thanks for the response! I said "mediocre" because I'm teaching myself everything I know about music production, and I know I'm going to get better eventually, but my tracks right now aren't amazing. Thanks for the advice though!

Mr.GroovyDJ Mr.GroovyDJ

Returning the favour and reviewing back :)

Really like synths in this & you've done a good job with the background chords or pads! you don't notice they're there but help build a suiting atmosphere around the track!

In my opinion i think the bassline could do with a but more of that dirty saw wave kind of sound at the attack of the notes to give it more detail (thats what i would have done anyway, it still works really well regardless)

Can't actually fault this though apart from it's not long enough!! when you make a longer version let me know and you can have the other half a star ;)

MrSmash64 responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you liked this piece! I don't think this song would be as good if it was longer, as it would start to get boring and repetitive. But maybe i'll make a song like this again at one point.